Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible:
- Tanya recaps yesterday's game for you
- Mark Teixeira Leaves the WBC due to Strained Wrist
- Yankees Make Another Round of Spring Training Cuts
- Brett Gardner: The Man on Fire by Greg
- Know Your 40: Ivan Nova by Andrew
- Making the Team Meter: Yankees Spring Training Hitters - Week One by Tanya
- Making the Team Meter: Yankees Spring Training Pitchers - Week One by Jason
Around the World:
LoHud has the breakdown for the minor league work groups. They might be divided by level in the organization, but Jennings warns not to take it too seriously as roster moves are made frequently.
The lack of power on the 2013 Yankees might be spell doom for the team. The injuries, older players and lack of big bats in the lineup could all end up costing New York this season.
In the wake of the Biogenesis scandal, Bud Selig has called for harsher punishment. Dave Cameron believes that more punishment isn't the correct way to go, but more detection is.
Among the bright spots in Yankee Spring Training camp there exist three disappointments. Phil Hughes, for a back injury that could cost him his chance to finally prove he can be a reliable starter, Joba Chamberlain, for his controversial remarks, and Austin Romine for failing to produce at the plate and excite anyone.
Chien-Ming Wang, pitching for Chinese Taipei, and Andruw Jones, hitting for the Netherlands are moving onto Pool 1 in Tokyo. Graeme Lloyd'd Team Australia has been relegated to the qualifying round for the next WBC.
- Do you care about the World Baseball Classic? Who are you rooting for?
- Do you have an players' autographs? If so, who?
- What is your favorite day of the year?
- If you could have dinner with anyone famous, dead or alive, who would it be?
Coming Up Today:
- Mark Teixeira and the Yankee Body Count by Jason @ 9 am
- Fantasy Baseball Advice from the Cosby Show by Mason @ 11 am
- New York Yankees vs. Dominican Republic WBC Team @ 1:05 pm (Game Thread @ 12:30 pm)