USA TODAY Sports
Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible:
- Brian Cashman Broke His Ankle Skydiving
- The Unexpected Rise of Robinson Cano to Baseball's Next Potential $200M Man by Mason
- How I Learned to Stop Worrying About Steroids and Love Baseball Anyway by Tanya
Around the World:
Derek Jeter believes that the Yankees can win with small ball now that the offense has been diminished.
IIATM breaks down Ivan Nova in 2012 and Ivan Nova now and notices that he has a shorter arm motion in 2013. There's a GIF side-by-side comparison for your convenience.
Chien-Ming Wang and Andruw Jones are in the WBC playing for Chinese Taipei and the Netherlands, respectively. Hensley "Bam Bam" Meulens will be managing Jones and his teammates, while Graeme Loyd will be a member of Team Australia's coaching staff.
Pat Venditte will be pitching for Team Italy in the 2013 World Baseball Classic and he is really excited to be able to do it. After having surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder the ambidextrous pitcher will only be able to pitch left handed.
With the new schedule in 2013 that makes interleague play an all year occurrence, it is becoming more and more likely that the NL will adopt the DH. Many believe that the Designated Hitter brings an unfair advantage to AL teams when deciding whether or not to sign a player to a mega deal because the NL has no backup for when they can no longer play the field.
Now that the Yankees have a slew of young prospects making it through the system it is relevant to look at the Mike Trout situation and wonder if MLB's salary scale is fair.
Joe Posnanski discusses the division between Fangraph WAR and Baseball-Reference WAR and believes they are on the verge of closing the gap between the currently divergent statistic.
Questions of the Day:
- Who do you think will be the Yankees' MVP in 2013?
- Have you ever watched a perfect game or no hitter? If you have, who was it?
- What is your spirit animal?
- Would you rather be eaten by a shark or mauled by a bear?
Coming Up Today:
- Brett Gardner: The Man on Fire by Greg Bird @ 9 am
- Know Your 40: Ivan Nova by Andrew @ 10:45 am
- Making the Team Meter: Yankees Spring Training Hitters - Week One by Tanya @ 12 pm
- Making the Team Meter: Yankees Spring Training Pitchers - Week One by Jason @ 3 pm
- New York Yankees vs. Atlanta Braves @ 7:05 (Game Thread @ 6:30 pm)