The Star-Ledger-USA TODAY Sports
Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Cesar Carrillo, Named in Biogenesis Scandal, is Suspended by MLB
- Changes Needed After USA Loss, but Baseball Is the Big Winner in WBC
- Matt F recaps yesterday's afternoon game
- Jason recaps yesterday's nightcap
- Know Your 40: Brennan Boesch
Around the Internet
- MLB on the Attack - Yahoo Sports | Mark Townsend: After suspending Cesar Carrillo, MLB is prepared to go after other players named in the Biogenesis scandal, like Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Braun. It also turns out that Carrillo was suspended 50 games for being connected to PEDs and 50 games for lying to MLB officials about knowing Dr. Bosch.
- Getting the Most - Pinstripe Pundits | Chris Mitchell: Chris Stewart and Francisco Cervelli will likely share catching duties and since Stewart is the better pitch framer he should catch the starters that tend to paint the corners, while Cervelli can catch the pitchers that pound the strike zone.
- Assessing Injury Risks - Pinstriped Pundits | Chris Mitchell: Baseball Prospectus has an equation that can predict the likeliness of injuries and when it's applied to the Yankee pitching staff it doesn't look too promising for the 2013 season.
- Five Questions - New York Post | Justin Terranova: Read an interview with Ken Singleton concerning the 2013 season. He discusses the pitching staff, the injuries, Kevin Youkilis, David Robertson, and the 5th starter competition between David Phelps and Ivan Nova.
- Sent Down: Slade Heathcott has been cut and sent down to the minors as he deals with patellar tendonitis.
- Pass: The Mets passed on signing Brennan Boesch because they felt that he was just another Lucas Duda. That's not good for us.
- Contract Details: Brian Cashman emphasized that nothing is promised to Boesch and he was signed to a split contract for that reason. He will make $1.5M if he makes the roster and $500K if he starts in the minors.
- Pitching Schedule: Boone Logan is feeling good again and, despite the inflammation, no longer feels pain when he's throwing. Phil Hughes threw a side session on Saturday and CC Sabathia and Hiroki Kuroda will pitch in minor league games on Wednesday and Friday, respectively.
Questions of the Day
- If you could pick any General Manager for the Yankees, who would it be?
- Will Joe Girardi be the manager next year? Should he be?
- What is your favorite band?
- Do you have any pets?
Coming Up Today