Mustelier is actually a giant baby - USA TODAY Sports
Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Yankees sign Brennan Boesch
- Jason recaps yesterday's game
- GIF of the Game: Travis Hafner is a Home Run Hitter
- Baseball Prospectus' Top 100 Yankee Prospects
- How Bad Are the Yankees at Developing Young Pitchers: Part One
Around the Internet
- The Best Option - The Captain's Blog | William Juliano: Brennan Boesch is a better option than the current players in Yankees camp. That doesn't necessarily mean he's actually good, but his 2011 season does show more promise than any of the veteran or minor league options have shown in the last two years.
- Underrating/Overrating - It's About the Money | EJ Fagan: We tend to put a lot of weight on the failures of Yankee pitching prospects without noticing the fact that the Yankee hitting prospects have faired well. The leagues these prospects play in are fairly pitcher-friendly, so if a hitter does well it means they are successful in a difficult run environment.
- PED Penalty Suggestions - Sports Illustrated | Jay Jaffe: Nationals shortstop Ian Desmond has suggested a new PED penalty system that would force guilty players to stay with the team, without pay, and play at the manager's discretion. This system would punish players by forcing them to stay in the spotlight, deal with their teammates, and feel the pressure of having to perform.
- HOF Honors - Sports Illustrated | Jay Jaffe: Dr. Frank Jobe and Tommy John will be honored for the groundbreaking procedure, colloquially known as Tommy John surgery, at this year's Hall of Fame Weekend in Cooperstown. The honor will be presented along with the annual presentation of the J.G. Taylor Spink and Ford C. Frick Awards.
- Lame Duck Joe - It's About the Money | Brad Vietrogoski: Joe Girardi could be a lame duck manager this season. His contract will expire at the end of the year and there has been no discussion about bringing him back.
- Award Winners: Yankees prospects Tyler Austin and Mark Montgomery were awarded the Levin Lawn Award as the Yankees' Minor League Player of the Year and Pitcher of the Year, respectively.
- Hand Me Down: The injured Brian Cashman is now using Derek Jeter's scooter to get around during Spring Training.
- Injury Updates: After running into the dugout railing Ronnier Mustelier has bruises on his right knee and left thigh and he won't play until Tuesday. Slade Heathcott has patellar tendonitis and it's unsure when he'll be able to get back on the field. This could end his dark horse candidacy to make the team and even endanger his season in Tampa, but Mustelier still has a shot with the big league club.
Questions of the Day
- Are you for or against domed/retractable roofed stadiums?
- Now that Team USA has been eliminated, who do you think will win the WBC?
- What is your favorite place to go out to eat?
- What is your favorite non-Yankees sport team?
Coming Up Today
- Know Your 40: Brennan Boesch by Andrew
- First Biogenesis Suspension, Will There Be More?
- Changes Needed After USA Loss, but Baseball is the Big Winner in WBC
- New York Yankees (ss) vs. Philadelphia Phillies @12:05 pm (Game Thread @ 11:30 pm)
- New York Yankees (ss) at Atlanta Braves @ 5:05 pm (Game Thread @ 4:30 pm)