Yeah, that's how I felt, too, Tex.
- You most likely don't need me to tell you what the main story surrounding the New York Yankees is this morning. Chad Jennings at LoHud compiled lots of quotes from the Yankee clubhouse about Mariano Rivera's torn ACL. Get well soon, Mo.
- In light of the reaction to Rivera's injury, Fangraphs posted a poll of the most respected athletes of all time. As of the moment when I'm writing this, Mo trails only Roberto Clemente. That's not easy to do as a member of the Yankees, but if anyone can traverse the lines of fandom, it's Mo. Who do you think is the most respected athlete of all time?
- It's safe to say that a lot has gone wrong with the Yankees so far this season, but Eric Schultz at The Yankee Analysts writes about all that there is to be optimistic about going forward. Our luck has to change at some point, right? Right?!
- Brien Jackson at It's About The Money wrote about their April Prospect of the Month, outfielder Tyler Austin. Austin has been absolutely tearing up the Sally League for Low-A Charleston. He's hitting .360/.404/.860 with a league leading nine home runs. Tyler was drafted as a catcher, but moved to 3rd base in rookie and short-season ball. To accommodate teammate Dante Bichette Jr., he is now learning to play the outfield. Very impressive.
- As you may know, Andy Pettitte gave testimony this week in the Roger Clemens perjury trial. Tamar Chalker from IATMS gives a lawyer's perspective on what went on in the courtroom, and the media's reaction to it.