Good morning, Pinstripe Alley readers. Here is your usual morning news for March 14th, 2012, as Freddy Garcia readies himself for his third start of the spring.
- There will be no expanded replay in 2012, according to the Associated Press. Major League Baseball says that they are aiming for expanded replay to begin in 2013. Mark Teixeira apparently does not care about replay, but would rather wait for the expansion of replay to occur at the beginning of a season so that the league plays under the same rules all season.
- According to George A. King III, David Robertson said that he will easily be ready for Opening Day as long as there are no setbacks.
- Fangraphs ranks the Yankees as having the best bullpen in baseball. Any bullpen that includes Mariano Rivera, David Robertson, and Rafael Soriano is undoubtedly a fantastic group of pitchers. Add in Boone Logan, Joba Chamberlain come June, and maybe even David Aardsma, and this group looks to be among the best in 2012.
- Eric Schultz of The Yankee Analysts checked in on the race for the 25th roster spot. Clay Rapada has certainly impressed so far, and his status as a left-handed pitcher certainly won't harm his case.
- More from The Yankee Analysts, as Michael Eder wonders what the Yankees will do if Manny Banuelos continues to show improved command this spring. Could he be the first called up to replace an injured starter? Could he force his way into the rotation come April?
- Mike Axisa explains that the Yankees may be able to keep Cesar Cabral without keeping him on the 25 man roster, despite that he was a Rule 5 Draft selection.
- In case you missed this one, Donald Trump ripped Alex Rodriguez during Celebrity Apprentice. Last fall, he tweeted that A-Rod was a less than average baseball player after making the final out of the ALDS.