"I can do everything!"
Bill Hall, who has played every position in the big leagues outside of catcher, has a Spring Training invite and minor league deal with the Yankees. If he makes the ML team, he'll get $600K with incentives to follow based on PA.
- The Orioles traded RHP Jeremy Guthrie to the Rockies for RHPs Jason Hammel and Matt Lindstrom. Guthrie was once a highly-touted prospect, having been selected 22nd overall by the Indians in 2002.
- Speaking of the O's, the Korean Baseball Organization protested Baltimore's signing of Korean teenage pitcher, Kim Seong-min.
- Madonna will play Yankee Stadium on Sept. 6th. There's an A-Rod joke in there somewhere.
- Hong-Chih Kuo, the hard-throwing LHP with injury problems, signed with the Mariners for $500K with potentially a bunch more in incentives.
- Ken Rosenthal says Brian Cashman's scandal should have no bearing on his job.
- THT examined the correlation between payroll and wins.
- A class-action lawsuit has been brought against Royals legend George Brett for advertising jewelry that supposedly "improved health and sports performance."