- Should Jorge Posada's no. 20 be retired? The Daily News' Mark Feinsand says yes. Have your say in the poll below.
- Are the Yankees saving their money to make a splash in the future? Tyler Kepner speculates that Matt Cain and/or Cole Hamels, free agents after this season, could be the club's top priorities next winter. If so, it's not smart. How many times have we thought an impending free agent was going to be available only to re-sign with his club, or when a stud did hit free agency, did he even choose the Yankees? Nothing's a sure thing, especially when it's a year off and Hal Steinbrenner has shown a fiscal frugality not seen in recent memory.
- Justin Sablich named some low-cost options the thrifty Yankees might want to look into: Rich Harden, Chris Young, Livan Hernandez, Bartolo Colon, Brandon Webb, Jeff Francis. For a single cheap year, I'd take a chance on any of them.
- Curtis Granderson invested in a pizza business in his hometown of Chicago, a town known for pizza almost as much as New York (by the way, possibly the best pizza I've ever had was in the Chicago area).
- Cuban defector OF Yoenis Cespedes is reportedly days from becoming a Dominican resident and then being granted MLB free agency. The report says he could be seeking an eight-year deal. Yowza.
Retire no. 20 for Posada?
Of course, he's a Yankee icon (714 votes)
Nope, he hasn't done quite enough (331 votes)
I don't like making decisions (84 votes)
1129 total votes