1) Russel Martin sucks. End of story
2) Francisco Cervelli sucks. See explanation for reason 1. Do it now.
3) Jorge Posada sucks. See explanation for reason do. Do this.
The Yankee C/DH position sucks, regardless of how many they win or lose. We all know this. Why is he not with the team?
1) Brian Cashman is a fool. I've never criticized him until this season since I always thought he did a fine job. But this year the Montero situation is inexcusable. Our catchers suck. Our primary DH sucks. What's the problem, he's too busy looking for mop up men? Oh.
2) Teh Tradez value. I suppose that this is the reason. Keeping him in the minors is supposed to magically keep his trade value in tact. So apparently waiting to trade someone is more important then potentially fixing a glaring hole like the C and DH spots on the team. Oh.
3) Attitude problems. LOL.
4) They don't think he can catch in the big leagues. How does one know this without seeing him in the big leagues? By all accounts, the pitchers like throwing to him tho I guess every pitcher will say that about the catcher (pause). His CS% is 19% which isn't good, but also isn't really indicitive of how good he is since AAA pitchers probably aren't the best at holding a runner on.
Also for more emphasis, this is here. Calling a game, and strength of calling a game is a myth. Its crap. It has no place in determining if a catcher is good or not. Why? I'd say just about 100% of young catchers have the signs for the pitches called in from the dugout. Given that we have Joe Girardi and Tony Pena in the dugout, this is more then enough reason to completely disregard the calling a game factor, if you weren't smart enough to disregard it in the first place.
Russel Martin is a backup catcher. Francisco Cervelli is a 3rd catcher, emergency injury type player at best. Jorge Posada is designated to hit every game, and can't hit. So what are we waiting for?
Is it cuz he's 21 years old and in AAA? That in itself is rare. Not to mention he's a catcher, so a 21 year old catcher in AAA which is even more rare. Also he's doing very good in AAA. So that's basically a diamond in the muff...a 21 year old catcher doing good in AAA.
Hopefully the Yankees aren't dumb enough to move him in a few days. And hopefully they're smart enough to call him up September 1st. This is all asking a lot considering how dumb they've been regarding HR Jesus all this time. But I can only hope they're able to do it this time.
Maybe Martin gets hurt like Tony Fernandez in 95 and forces the idiot's hand.
Why have the Yankees not called up HR Jesus already?
They're idiots and want to trade him (82 votes)
I left my bathing suit on too long and my pelvis itches (28 votes)
They're scared of having another Posada, who was one of the best weapons in baseball next to Mike Piazza for a number of years (35 votes)
Girardi is jealous of a catcher who is better then him (36 votes)
181 total votes