Your lukewarm enthusiasm prompted me to put together a second quiz, different from and perhaps better than the first. I don't know how I come to know this stuff. If you get them all correct, you should consider some form of therapy. Some of these are easy, some are hard, some can be looked up (although that's cheating), and some you just have to know. There is a Bonus sudden death tie breaker for those who wish to die suddenly (results not guaranteed). The questions are 1 point apiece, 1/2 point for each part of part 2. All correct= therapy. 12-14= get outside more. 9-11= can pass for normal. 4-8= not the biggest Yankee fan, but can be brought home on a date. 0-7= I don't know, I really don't. <0= Can you give me two 20s for this $10 bill?
1. The Yankees acquired this pitcher in a trade, but he missed his first start because he got lost on the way to Yankee Stadium.
2. Jim Bouton credits him as being the first player to bring a blow- dryer into a clubhouse.
3. After a Yankees- Red Sox brawl on the field, this Red Sox player explained his resulting injury by claiming that "Graig Nettles hit me with his purse."
4. The Yankees first black player.
5. How the Yankees’ owner in the 1920s made his fortune.
6. Her most critically acclaimed album of embittered- by- being -dumped songs was inspired by Derek Jeter dumping her. (I don’t know if it’s her best record or not).
7. He reportedly could (and often did) knock back 40 beers on a cross country flight with ease.
8. The reason Don Mattingly was kicked off the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant roster by Montgomery Burns (on The Simpsons, of course)
9. The Yankee featured in the 2006 movie "Wordplay" - and why.
PART TWO - two player questions
10. These two players were practicing medical doctors.
11. These two hall of famers died of ALS
12. These two had speaking cameos on Seinfeld
13. These two swapped wives (and their children as well).
14. These two no-hitter authors went to the same high school.
BONUS SUDDEN DEATH TIE BREAKER
15. How did Catfish Hunter get his nickname?