Posted below are quiz answers. I don't have enough even moderately goofy stuff at the moment to do another right now. The Seinfeld question was incorrectly answered by everyone, including me. I asked which 2 Yankees appeared, and there were four. The answer to Question 7 was a mystery to everyone. I live in southern New England, where trashing the reputation of traitorous Red Sox is a popular indoor sport. As the question suggests, the answer to #2 is found in the book "Ball Four."
Son of Time Waster Answers
1. Pascual Perez
2. Joe Pepitone
3. Bill Lee
4. Elston Howard
5. Jacob Ruppert- Ruppert’s Beer.
6. Mariah Carey.
7. Wade Boggs
8. Improper haircut/ sideburn issues. Mattingly ended up with a near- mohawk.
9. Mike Mussina, New York Times crossword puzzler
PART TWO - two player questions
10. Bobby Brown (later president of the American League) and George "Doc" Medich
11. Lou Gehrig (of course) and Catfish Hunter
13. Fritz Peterson and Mike Kekich.
14. Don Larsen and David Wells (not at the same time).
When he was a rookie, A’s owner Charlie Finley called him into his office and said, "Son, from now on, your nickname is ‘Catfish’." Hunter said "Yessir."