With the season over and a 28th trophy not in the Yankees trophy
case... cabinet...big place where trophies go, it's time to look at some moves the Yankees could make. And here are 10 that would be great.
1. Sign Derek Jeter and then trade him for Hanley Ramirez. The Marlins would accept that, right?.....Right?
2. Resign Melky Cabrera and put him and Cano in an apartment together in Manhattan. What's the worst those two could do?
3. Sign Cliff Lee, but not to pitch, to DH! Look at his playoff hitting stats from this year: .500 BA, .500 OBP, 1.000 SLG!!! We need that man hitting behind Ardo.
4. Sign Crawford, Werth, Huff, and make this next year's lineup:
- Cliff Lee
- Crawford and Werth....batting at the same time
- Hanley Ramirez
- Granderson (is it against MLB rules to have 10 people in the lineup?)
5. Don't sign Mariano Rivera. Why would we want an aging closer who's only....ok, scratch that. Even I can't take myself seriously here.
6. Trade Jesus Montero for actual Jesus and platoon him with Granderson.
7. I've got just the solution for the 5th starter!
8. Trade for Zack Greinke, and then DFA him.
9. Fire Girardi and hire Michael Kay as the new manager.
10. Resign Chad Gaudin and make him closer.
Might as well just give the Yanks the trophy now!